December 29, 2020
Creative New Year’s Resolutions for a Happy, Healthy 2021
With 2021 finally right around the corner, it’s time to set your New Year’s resolutions. If nothing immediately comes to mind, try one of these creative ideas.
- Lunch with someone who has a different point of view. This past year has been a divisive one—make 2021 a year of change by hearing out someone you disagree with over a socially distanced or virtual lunch.
- Watch 10 films led by women. Find movies that are written, directed, or otherwise helmed by women and add them to your to-watch list.
- Find a pen pal in unexpected places. 2020 saw the rise of surprising heroes—mail carriers. Let them convey messages to and from pen pals who could really use a listening ear, like people in local long-term care or correctional facilities.
- Actually allocate time to boredom. Sitting still in this day and age has become nearly impossible, so it’s important to carve out some time every week to halt the stimulation and enjoy blissful boredom.
- Step out of your comfort zone—even at the risk of failing. Is there something you’ve been wanting to do, but you’ve been too anxious? Make 2021 the year that all changes.
- Strike up a conversation with a stranger once a week. On your next socially distanced walk or coffee run, say hello to someone you don’t know. You never know when you might make a new friend!